If you want to collect and use data (whether numbers, text or both) for your research project, you need to know the basics of programming as well as how to collect, clean, store and filter data. This course aims to get you up that learning curve as quickly as possible, using the excellent interactive online lessons provided by Datacamp.
I will be available in the classroom to answer any questions you have, but please be aware that this course is about following the online course and not about me explaining everything. If you cannot understand the Datacamp lessons then I will not be able to help you cover all the units in time and you will not pass the course.
The Ministry of Education expects that students will spend an equal amount of time studying out of class (preparing and revising) as they do in class. We have 13 classes of 105 minutes each, therefore students should study a total of 13 x 105 x 2 minutes, which is 45 hours and 30 minutes.
The "Data Scientist with Python" Career Track on DataCamp offers 22 units (courses) totalling 84 hours.
Students are therefore required to complete at least the first 12 units, totalling 44 hours. Namely:
1. Introduction to Python
2. Intermediate Python for Data Science
3. Python Data Science Toolbox (Part 1)
4. Python Data Science Toolbox (Part 2)
5. Importing Data in Python (Part 1)
6. Importing Data in Python (Part 2)
7. Cleaning Data in Python
8. pandas Foundations
9. Manipulating DataFrames with pandas
10. Merging DataFrames with pandas
11. Intro to SQL for Data Science
12. Introduction to Databases in Python